Node.js Is Stupid And If You Use It So Are You
Hilarious video rant about Node.js…
Should you learn Node.js? Here are some pros and cons.
- share code between the frontend and backend (NOTE – this is not a free feature – you’ll need to put in the work to make it so, but it’s actually doable, unlike many other setups)
- active and vibrant community, with lots of code shared via github, etc.
- growing number of good libraries; npm
- dynamic type system
- asynchronous IO is the future for concurrency and scalability
- documentations are often very sparse
- libraries, while many, still are fewer comparing against other ecosystems
- callbacks – continuation passing style is tedious and error prone