How To Use Snip.ly to Boost Traffic
Snip.ly! When I first heard about it a few months back, I thought it was just another URL shortening tool. And I already had Bit.ly, so, I did not feel the urge to sign up for another similar tool. But then I came across an insightful blog about nip.ly and felt a keen interest to take a short trip. What I found was pretty impressive, to say the least.
However, I am going to give you two good reasons if you are thinking the same way like I did.
1. Snip.ly is more than just a URL-shortening tool, and it’s backed by an amazing feature to bring traffic back to your website or social media page.
2. If you are a content marketer, you can easily bring attention to your content, even if you share others’ webpages.
How to get started:
- First login to http://snip.ly/. Choose your plan and go to your dashboard.
On the top of your screen, you will see “Create Snip”. Click on it.
Now time to create a snip. Remember, your target is to drive traffic to your website.
- Provide the URL of the page, you want to share/curate only once in the “Page URL” section.
The next section consists of “Message”, which should be related to the webpage you want to send the extra attention to, in that case, your webpage. So craft the message accordingly.
In “Button Text”, write the CTA.
- Place your webpage URL, for which you are seeking more traffic, on to the “Button URL”.
Now you can see that there is a “Customize” option. This feature is great, particularly when you want to draw your target audience’s attention on someone else’s website.
Now the question is, how to use this amazing tool to drive maximum attention to your website while curating content?
1. As I explained earlier, if you want traffic to your web content or at least want to draw some attention from your curated content, add a snip with it.
2. Many times we create outbound links on our websites. You can add snips to your outbound links, so that whenever your visitor clicks on an external link, they are redirected to a page with your snip and CTA.
3. Snip.ly links work wonderfully on social networks. So don’t hesitate to share, if you find anything good to read. You always can reap some benefits out from each of your shares.
4. Every snip contains the source of its creator. In other words, it shows your readers who shared it. Then they can click on your profile link and directly connect with you. So, a little exposure as a content curator might just waiting for you.
A SMART TIP: When you customize your snip, be sure to build it in strike contrast to the curated page’s layout and color scheme. The main aim behind this is to draw attention to your audience instantly as they click on the URL.
Give it a try!
Tag: How To Use Snip.ly to Boost Traffic